Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Monday, December 12, 2011
I've been a fan of Amy Winehouse since her platinum selling Back To Black album. She came on the scene with a different look, attitude and the most soulful voice since Etta James. I already felt such a connection with her "I don't give a fuck" attitude, so it was heartbreaking to hear of her untimely death. Picking up Lioness: Hidden Treasures, once again, brought me back to why I loved this woman so much. I'm simply in love with this album. If you're looking for a an album of new tracks, you may be disappointed, since many of the tracks are covers of some legendary songs, with a soulful/jazzy twist. The album includes 12 tracks. My favorite tracks are Our Day Will Come, which has a reggae/ska feel, Like Smoke, which features Nas, and Bestfriends, Right? Don't be surprised if you shed a tear or two, so if you're experiencing a breakup, I suggest you don't listen to it alone. Lol. This album is a must have!
Sunday, December 11, 2011
It has been almost a month since I've last blogged, because there isn't much excitement going on in my life, besides the baby. I'm now 6 months along in the pregnancy and busy preparing for 2 baby showers. I'm planning to take professional pics next month, so I'm busy thinking of outfit choices and hair and makeup ideas. As for makeup, I haven't been wearing much of anything besides tinted moisturizer and foundation, on occasion. I've worn absolutely no eye shadow, hence the fact for the lack of YouTube videos and FOTD post. The same can be said about OOTD pics, unless you guys want to see me in my work scrubs. I haven't made any beauty purchases, since I've been saving money more than spending, but I am interested in getting the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette, though some may say it's similar than the first one. I still haven't made up my mind, at this point. Christmas is on the horizon and I don't seem to be excited for the holidays. I haven't done any shopping for my family and friends and I was hoping that my room renovation would of been completed by then, but that seems like a long shot. I can't promise weekly blog post, but I do have some reviews I want to post along with my "Patty's Favorite Things" giveaway to do, that may be postponed till January, since I haven't gotten all the items for the contest. Anywho, I thank you for your continuous support, and though I've been slacking in my blog post, you guys continue to stick around. Thank you so much, words can't express how thankful I am to have you guys here.
In 2006, I went to Trinidad to celebrate my father's birthday. I went shopping like I'm accustomed to doing. I brought plenty sneakers and stilettos and placed them in my suitcase. The next day, I checked in at the airport, handed them my luggage, not knowing that it would be the last time that I would see it. I never knew that when I arrived in Trinidad, it would become my WORST traveling experience and anyone that knows me has heard this story many times! My life has never been the same since. I have NEVER packed my suitcase the same way again. I don't splurge on items anymore. I take the essentials and leave the valuables behind. I wouldn't wish for this to happen to even my worst enemy. Here are the necessary precautions to take to ensure that you get some kind of compensation, if it happens to you.
1. Do not over pack! Too many of us over pack our suitcases with so much shit that we would never wear. Be realistic and take what is needed!
2. Do not pack clothing in one suitcase and shoes/handbags in another. Pack a suitcase with a combination of all things. If worst case scenario occurs, and your luggage is left behind, you would have a suitcase available with the items needed to get back for the next couple of days.
3. Pull out that digital camera and take pictures of all of you items, including your suitcase. The mistake I made is that I had no proof of any of the items that were in that suitcase. Make sure that the date is stamped on all photographs.
4. Collect all your receipts of items that you purchased. This was another mistake that I made! Receipts are the key items needed when you make your claim. This can determine just how much you will receive from your claim.
5. Please don't buy any flashy luggage. Leave the LV & Gucci bags home and carry the cheap ones that you can get from the flea market. These luggage handlers are hungry for anything that they think is of value.
6. Most importantly, keep track of the names of the reps that you speak with, and the times that it occurred.